May 22, 2011
Happy Mother's Day!!!
Mother's Day this year has taken on a different look this year. Yes I got flowers and some clothes and such. But what I really looked forward to was talking to Jed. We got everything all set up to use Skype for our conversation. This way we could see him too!!! I could hardly breathe as his image came up on the computer! Oh how I miss my little buddy...who isn't little anymore. He has grown into a bright, loving, kind young man. We all just giggled as we talked with him. In total amazement at how he physically looks and sounds the same but knowing how much he has grown emotionally and spiritually. Right off the bat I ask if we can talk for an hour.... he says "no Mom it's a rule". Only 30-40 minutes. Oh how some days I wish he would break just one little rule. haha!
So we were able to keep him on the computer for 45 minutes. He was silly as usual. Grandpa and Grandma Wallis came over along with the Fowers Family. He was so happy to see everyone. When I asked him if it was going to be hard on him after talking with us....he said "No". See some things never change!!! haha!
As the time came close to saying goodbye, I felt as though my anxiety was skyrocketing. It was really hard to say those last few words knowing that I wouldn't be able to hear his voice again until Christmas. I could tell that he has grown so much. And that our family has grown closer having him serve the Lord. But saying goodbye was so hard. When the computer screen went blank... that dang emptiness settled in again. It is a battle that is harder some days than others but the gratitude that I feel and the pride that I feel is what I use to win.
I am so very thankful for my family and for our extended family. This is what life is all about. Learning, loving and accepting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Oh Lori, THIS IS WONDERFUL!! Jed is my FAVORITE and you are too. You are all hilarious.
ReplyDelete